Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No Contest

Well the Fall Semester is finally over..., I hope it was okay for you too.

I finally got all my grades in. Some I had maybe the couple of days before or after the final was taken. And I guess it's just human nature to worry about the one's you haven't got in yet.

Well when you are worried about how you are getting graded anyway the human nature part doesn't really help. To explain my situation we have to do one of my patented FLASHBACKS and in this particular blog let's use the color BLUE.

SPRING SEMESTER 2010

Agghhh finally done with school, tra-la-la-la.

Well pretty content with my grades, except for one. That one being in Music Technology... didn't really like this grade b/c the following reasons.

  • I was taking 21 hours and my teacher knew this.
  • I came to class all meeting times except for one and that one I told him that I would not be able to come.
  • That year I decided to do my Programming project and in the end the program worked great...How great? So great that, the teacher asked me could he copy my code and give to the rest of the class who were having trouble with getting their programming projects to work.
And in the end I got a B.

***I know what you're thinking  - "Johnny it's a B, that's not bad and I can kind of get why you feel that way, but still hey a B is still good."
And to be honest a B isn't bad, but let's look at the facts that also happened during this semester in the same class!! Back to the flashback ***

  • 2 other people who hardly showed up, but were in his "jazz band" or affiliating combo of some sort got A's...
hmmm go figure?
Even though...
  • They never finished their programs
  • One had a link to wikipedia as his source (and we all know that we shouldn't use that as a academic source[although I have never seen a wikipedia page with falsified info., but we still don't use it])
  • And again let me reiterate... they didn't FINISH it's like me stopping the story right here!!!








STOP!!!






See what if I did stop it there... wouldn't you have felt cheated!! You took the time to read all that and now you have no idea how this little story ends.

Back to a more present time in time.

So when I had to take it again... (music tech students have to take the class a total of 4 times major or minor{I'm a minor}, the other guys who didnt' finish their projects are majors - reminds me of nepotism)(AND same teacher is the only teacher that teaches it).

I had already decided that I wouldn't go to every class in the fall semester b/c I don't think that he grades on that, as long as I get my project finish that should be what matters. Well even I will admit that I missed more times than I really had intended. Why? I really just got use to not going and I would forget or I would have a group project to work on ( I had 3 this semester the highest TOTAL of Group work EVER - for me). And let me mention... in the syllabus it doesn't say anything about mandatory class meetings.

Well I finished the radio and it didn't work, but the guy who got an A last time said to me that when he did his special project of building a guitar pedal, that it didn't work he just wrote a good report and did what he could to trouble shoot and he again got an..., you guessed it an "A". So I thought well I've done all I can to get it to work and I have taken and exhausted all options to get this radio to work including asking the teacher who told me that he wouldn't know how to get it to work... which I believed him b/c Music Technology encompasses a lot of things under it's musical umbrella and the fact that this same teacher was not able to help me when it came to me writing my program...thus copying my code for others.

So what did I end up getting... a grade that I really feel I should consider contesting... but at the same time I feel like I just want to be done with the class.

The only other thing that I will say besides me not showing up that might "qualify" me getting that grade...
I didn't come to the day he said would be our last meeting day. Although this doesn't really qualify as the final,but he could have been counting it as that or something similar. 

Anywho... I kind of feel like still no contest...
If this changes I might have to let you know ^_^

(This has probably been the LONGEST blog for me)

No comments:

Post a Comment